Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh the joys of Toddler-hood.  I wonder some days if Romilly knows how much she has changed everything for us.  She is such a little wonder!  She copies everything we do (good and bad) and has her own style, even for one so young.


We are so excited for our first Toddler Christmas.  Although Rom's first Christmas was technically last year, this feels more like her first Christmas since she has so much more personality and involvement this go round.  "Santa" has a special place this year and he is bringing her a special toy kitchen (so we've heard through the grapevine ;) that will require a bit of assembly on our part.  We are really, really looking forward to sitting up late Christmas Eve after the Wee One is in bed and popping everything together as quietly as two little elves.  I'm certain that our tiredness will be forgotten as Romilly hops into the living room wide eyed with surprise Christmas morning!


We are also looking forward to our first Gluten-Free/Vegetarian Christmas Eve Dinner.  After some back and forth we settled on one of our favorite dishes; Sweet Potato Enchiladas, and have been denying ourselves the pleasure of eating them since October in preparation for Christmas Eve.  We also plan to try a few new recipes out of the Vegetarian Times Magazines we've collected and are collaborating with our similarly GF/Veg relatives to create a feast!  Mmmm....I can't wait, I'm hungry just thinking about it!


Rom and I have been busy working on Christmas Crafts as well as compiling our dinner menu.  She has been a very big helper and I have been teaching her about Elmer's glue, stickers (which she loves anyway) craft paper and paints.  She has helped me to make gift tags, glued some critical gluings and been my "assistant" on some key projects.  I've always wanted a little elf at Christmas time ;) Our projects are nearly finished but it seems that every year I find myself busy right up through Christmas Morning; let's see if I can get around that this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers